Connecting to Today's Fast Markets
Ciena's Ultra low-latency network solutions for trading firms
Ciena Corporation, the network specialist, enables reliable secure connectivity to make the network a truly strategic business asset. With expertise in optical and Ethernet networking, we provide platforms that enable rapid, predictable provisioning and high performance to reduce risk and ensure applications and transactions are handled with the highest availability and the lowest latency possible. Ciena serves numerous institutions in the global financial services industry, transforming their networks to adapt to business needs of high-value applications such as data center connectivity, WAN consolidation, business continuity and high-frequency trading.
- 13.1 ms- estimated roundtrip Chicago to New York
- Latency-optimized server connectivity with ultra-low- latency GbE and 10GbE connections over fiber
- Lower transport latency through the reduction of fiber dispersion compensation delay
- High-capacity, future-proof network platforms for 10G, 40G, and 100G solutions
The trading advantage package
The trading advantage package combines several service elements to provide network protection for extremely risk-averse clients, including:
- A dedicated network manager
- On-site, dedicated engineering staff during trading hours
- On-site, dedicated engineering staff within two hours during off-hours
- On-site spares for immediate use
- Round-the-clock remote network management service from secure offsite location with over 5 years experience managing critical enterprise networks
- Round-the-clock customer portal and technical assistance center
Ciena Corporation, the network specialist, provides high performance, ultra low latency optical networking platforms to ensure reliable, secure connectivity to make the network a truly strategic business asset. Ciena has extensive experience working with global financial companies, recently deploying first 100G to NYSE Euronext enabling an advanced, high-performance data center network capable of delivering a clear competitive advantage to NYSE Euronext's customers.
What our customers are saying
Ciena's technology has enabled NYSE Euronext to develop one of the world's most powerful network infrastructures. Bach explains, "Competition in this environment is a race to zero. Whichever market can get to zero latency first, wins. We're bringing in orders from our customers and the difference between winning and losing an order is measured in fractions of a millisecond… and thanks to the capability of the Ciena solution, we're winning this business."
Senior Vice President, Communications
For immediate inquiries please contact Low_Latency@ciena.com